Information We Collect About You
‘Personal data’ should be interpreted as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person
‘Processing’ should be interpreted as any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, regardless of auto means nature or otherwise, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
We process your personal data in accordance with the principles of legality, fairness, proportionality, transparency, accuracy, availability , data minimization, storage limitation, integrity and confidentiality, by taking appropriate technical, functional and organizational measures constructed in total accordance with the applicable domestic and European legislation and in particular the General Regulation [ EU] 2016/679 , known as General Data Protection Regulation [GDPR].
Personal Data we collect
We may collect personal information that can identify you, such as your name, surname , conduct number, postal and/or email address, and other information that does not identify you.
We collect and process the strictly necessary personal data which are appropriate and relevant for the achievement of the purpose for which it is intended at any time and in particular,
· Personal information and contact details e.g. name, surname , telephone number, postal /e mail address .
· You may also need to provide your billing address and payment card information ,tax data and information you give us for our payment or for the payment of services you wish to receive through us and our business partners (e.g. VAT number, credit card details ).
· Other information about you and your activity that you provide to us by filling out forms, via email, phone or physical presence.
· Data collected through cookies see below our Cookies Notice
· Geographic location data for the needs of our sites and applications see also our Cookies notice
· Non-Personal Information which we may collect consists of technical information and behavioral information, and may include, among other things, type and version of operation system, type of browser, screen resolution, browser and keyboard language, referrer, User’s ‘click-stream’ on the properties and the User’s browsing history (visited pages and dates).
· If you register for an account on our website in order to comment on an article, enter a competition or receive selected newsletters, you may be requested to provide us with your full name, email address, year of birth and postcode.
· If you contact our Customer Services team, we will need to require access to personal information such as your name and contact information as well as full details of your query.
Ways of collection:
· Personal information which you provide us voluntarily. We collect this information when you subscribe to our newsletter by completing the registration form. We also collect information when you contact us for any reason; when you address to receive services and/or products ; when you submit a CV for your recruitment to the company; when you register and request to receive email and/or newsletters; when you fill out electronic forms or send email to receive information or use the services available on the websites; from our contractual relationships.
However we undertake the obligation to protect and shield any such information from leaking outside our database.
We can also access information from social media activity such as when you ‘like’- the website, share content or follow us on Twitter. When you sign in to the website using social media you grant permission to the social network to share some of your details with us. Depending on the network this will include basic account information such as name, email address, date of birth and any other details you choose to share according to your particular social media account settings.
Transparency of information is the fundamental cornerstone of our ethical and business conduct on these grounds, so please review your privacy settings with them.
Visitors who are only visiting our Site do not need to provide any Personal Information.
Users & Visitors who are interested in the use of our services, such as subscribing to our newsletter, will be required to provide details on the registration form of the Site (namely their name, surname and email address). Otherwise some or all services shall not be available for the user – visitor.
We send daily newsletters and sometimes we may send marketing emails. These will always include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these newsletters & emails in the future, in compliance with the General Regulation [EU] 2016/679 Known as GDPR European regulatory framework.
If you choose to participate in a survey or poll, any personal information you provide may be used for marketing or market research purposes.
We store the personal information either independently or through the help of our authorized third-party service providers.
For what purposes do we collect, store and processing data?
· Verifying your identity (for example when you return to the website and have already logged in) and thus securing that the user’s – visitor’s I.P. address is an authentic one, and not a malware account managed by a software and or robot.
· Ensuring the security of our website and services & Improving the design and style of the website
· Granting you access to a subscription and Allow users to use the Site and/or Service, including in their applications.
· Allow us to contact the registered Users
· Sending you service messages about your subscription or account registration. This could be by daily newsletters, email, overlay on the website or push notification.
· Communicating (and personalizing such communication) with you through our newsletters, but only those you have consented to receive
· Perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our services, or content, or services or content offered by others and feeding back all major relevant research products& Conducting market research
· Develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites & Informing you about products, services or promotional offers that you might find interesting if you have chosen to receive these types of communications.
· Collect information for statistical and research purposes and for the customization and improvement of the Service and/or Site.
· Maintaining back-ups of our databases
· Manage our business & Enforce our terms and conditions
· Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection
· Dealing with, and responding to you about, a comment you have submitted for or on our message boards, blogs and other such user generated content facilities
· Enabling you to share our content with others using social media or email
· Administering competitions and informing you if you have been successful in any competitions or promotions
· Compiling customer reviews
· Sending you push notifications from our apps
· Dealing with any query or complaint you submit to our customer services team
· To examine data you have submitted with a CV, expressing interest in the occupation of a job with us
· We also log / store and use information about any service errors or interruptions that you have experienced in order to help us create fixes and to make technical improvements to our website
· We use Google Analytics to monitor and analyze web traffic and to keep track of User behavior in order to improve the Service. For more information see our “Cookies notice / cookies used by our service providers” section. However you are always asked whether you prefer to disable the specific performance cookies.
· We may use demographic and preference information to allow advertising on the Service to be targeted to the users for whom they are most pertinent, only after the acceptance of the terms and conditions provided by Container News, in order to secure the shielded protection of sensitive personal data. This means users see advertising that is most likely to interest them, and advertisers send their messages to people who are most likely to be receptive, improving both the viewer’s experience and the effectiveness of the ads.
We disclose information to third parties only in aggregate or de-identified (codified and or encrypted) form. The third-party we use for this service is Google AdSense. For more information see our “ Cookies notice / Service Providers Cookies” below.
The legal basis
We collect & process your personal data for legitimate reasons based upon:
· Your consent.
It should be highlighted that:
(a) By filling in the contact form on our website with their data, the users give permission to the Site to use this data to reply to requests for information, inquiries or any other form of request as indicated by the form’s header. The data collected is: name, surname, email address.
(c) If you disagree to any term provided herein, please do not enter to, connect to, access or use the site (including but not limited to the services) in any manner and uninstall the “CONTAINER NEWS” application from your device.
Your consent, in any cases required, such as when you wish to receive via email newsletter, updates, notices for news, publications, promotions, or even promotions, when there is no previous contact between us. You will be able to revoke your consent at any time, freely. We will only use your personal data for advertising and marketing, personalization of content and services, advertising analytical purposes and to track e-Commerce purchases if we have your specific consent to do so.
This includes the use of data provided by you and our partners for profiling purposes in order to generate revenue from you so we can improve our products and services.
· The contractual relationship between us for the provision of our services and the fulfillment of our contractual obligations.
· The promotion of our legitimate interests, where these legitimate interests do not exceed your rights or interests. For example the legitimate interest pursued by us to analyse our Website traffic in order to maintain the service, monitoring successful page loads or error messages, analyzing the content posted on our websites, and/or analyzing the applications so that we can understand your needs, offer you tailored services, inform you for new programs and services, answer your questions and queries and improve and promote our services and exploit our websites effectively. We use google analytics for this service
· In any case, we use your data for compatible purposes, including claiming, exercising or defending civil claims and in compliance with an obligation imposed by law, for example where we have an obligation to use and maintain your personal data for tax purposes
· The use of the information as described for example to detect and protect you from fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity and maintain the security of Web pages are our legitimate interest in preventing fraud, security of Information and the reliability of the services provided.
Emails – Newsletters
Easy Living sends you email newsletters and/or promotional email about services offered by CONTAINER NEWS and its advertisers.
If you received a mailing from us, you may either
(a) your email address is listed with us as belonging to someone who has expressly requested receipt of information in the future (‘opt-in’), or
(b) you have registered with, purchased from or otherwise have an existing relationship with us.
We will not send you email if you have opted out. You can choose not to receive messages in the future by either (1) following the “Subscribe / Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email we send, or (2) you can email us firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and the email address it concerns.
If you feel you have received an email from us in error, please contact email@example.com
Emails From You
If you send us an email, we will use your email address to respond directly to your questions or comments.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS:
· Right of information
· Right of access – your right to request a copy of the data that we hold about you.
· Right of rectification – your right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
· Right to be forgotten – your right to erase data we hold about you from our records.
· Right to restriction of processing – your right to restrict the way we process your data.
· Right of portability – your right to transfer data we hold about you transferred to another organization.
· Right to object – your right to object to our processing your data where we are relying on a legitimate interest in order to process it.
· Right to withdraw your consent – your right to withdraw your consent at any time.
· Automated decision on a case-by-case basis including profiling – Your right not to be subject to a decision exclusively based on automated processing – including profiling – which would entail a legal impact on you or would significantly impair you in a similar manner
· Right to make a complaint with a supervisory authority
Please note that these rights are not absolute and certain exemptions may apply as set out in the relevant field of foreign and/or domestic legal enactments.
Exercise of your Legal Rights
· How can I access and update my personal information?
You can ask for a copy of the personal information we may hold about you, or for your data to be deleted via customer services.
If wish to contact us please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
· How long do you keep my personal information for?
We will keep your information only for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was originally collected.
· Who will you share my personal information with?
Information submitted to us is only available:
a) To employees managing this information for the purpose of contacting you regarding your subscription or a request made by you for information. Only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information. Our employees are bound by the relevant law regime and confidentiality.
b) To contracted service providers for the purpose of providing services relating to our communications with you.
c) Advertisers and advertising networks sometimes require data to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others. They can collect cookie data but this cannot be used to identify you personally.
We will never share, sell, license, disclose or rent individual personal information to/with anyone third person without your advance permission unless ordered by law or court order or other administrative act or if it has contractual required for proper functioning, as in the following cases: We may disclose your personal data to third-party reputable cooperating companies, which offer website management services, technical support and maintenance of automation software for the purpose of mass management and dispatch of electronic messages (newsletter services), credit card payment service, postage management, comments, data analysis and business activities and/or information systems of support and marketing, measurement analysis , Subscriptions management, feedback Services, payment services, hosting, sales, maintenance and support and Web/application analysis.
These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions such as supporting our website functionality, and supporting newsletter services and other features offered through our website, but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
We will only use companies who can provide adequate safeguards to ensure your data is stored and processed securely.
The transfer of data to our partners is carried out under article 28 (1) of the GDPR, alternatively on the basis of our legitimate interest in the financial and technical advantages associated with the use of the specialized partners.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information to comply with applicable laws and government or regulatory bodies’ lawful requests for information.
We may also have to release information because of a legal requirement on us or pursuant to a court order.
We may be required to use and retain personal information for legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime; loss prevention; or fraud. We may also use personal information to meet our internal and external audit requirements, information security purposes, and as we otherwise believe to be necessary or appropriate:
(a) under applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence;
(b) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence;
(c) to enforce our terms and conditions; and
(d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or those of other persons.
We also may disclose your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, change of control of our business, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
· Will my data be sent overseas?
The transfer of data to our partners is carried out under article 28 (1) of the GDPR, alternatively on the basis of our legitimate interest in the financial and technical advantages associated with the use of the specialized partners.
Please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States of America where our servers are located and our central database is operated.
Third-Party Websites / Software/Service
Any third parties to whom we may disclose personal information may have their own privacy policies which describe how they collect , process and disclose personal information.
These entities or their servers may be located either inside or outside the United States of America.
Therefore it is highly recommended to review their privacy policies and manage your settings accordingly on regular basis .
EASY LIVING takes great care in implementing and maintaining your security and uses reasonable efforts to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We want you to feel confident using easyliving.gr.
The company undertakes all appropriate organizational and technical measures for the protection and security of your personal data and implements an information security management system to ensure the confidentiality, the security of the processing of your data and their protection against accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, loss, forbidden access, misuse, dissemination and any other form of improper processing.
We will advance the measures we are taking and when necessary we will modify them in accordance with the latest GDPR developments.
Exercising your rights, asking questions and raising concerns:
Supervisory authority contact details : www.dpa.gr
LEGISLATION : The current domestic and European legislation and in particular the general regulation for the protection of personal Data 2016/679/EU (EU) known as GDPR.
The Courts of Iraklion are responsible for resolving any disputes.
If, at any time, you prefer not to receive emails from us, simply follow the unsubscribe options at the bottom of each email, or email us directly in order to address the issue at email@example.com with your request and the email address it concerns.
Information related to controlling cookies can be found COOKIES POLICY If you experience difficulty with the unsubscribe process, feel free to contact us directly at info @ container news.com and provide your email address so we can remove it from the mailing list.
Cookies & similar technologies / Cookies Notice
Cookies are small files that your browser places on your device in a specified directory.
Among other things, it can be used to determine if you have visited a website before. If you agree, cookies may also store login information for an online service, so you do not need to enter this login information each time you visit the site. Many cookies contain a so-called cookie ID. The cookie ID is a unique identifier of the cookie. It consists of a string through which the websites and servers can be mapped to the specific Internet browser in which the cookie was saved. This allows its websites and servers to distinguish the person’s browser from other Internet browsers that contain other cookies. A particular Web browser can be recognized and recognized by the unique cookie ID.
****Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our website, such as the pages and posts you visit on our website, the links you click on our website, and the searches you conduct on our website, provided that user – visitor has already granted Container News access to such details by accepting terms and conditions and via our cookie application. Most browsers will allow You to erase cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies, as explained in our online manual. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website. You may also clear or delete existing cookies from standard internet browsers.
Cookies used by our service providers
We also use certain third-party cookies. These are a different kind of cookies, stored on your computer by third parties, rather than by easyliving.gr.
These kind of cookies is only read (and not altered by the Site) each time you visit the Site, and also when you visit certain websites or applications that use similar cookies.
We publish Google AdSense interest-based advertisements on our website. These are tailored by Google to reflect your interests. To determine your interests, Google will track your behaviour on our website and on other websites across the web using cookies. Google’s use of the DoubleClick cookie enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the internet.
Children’s data Privacy
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from people under the age of eighteen (18).
We do not intentionally collect personal data from people under 18years of age, nor is the content of our website addressed to people of those ages.
If we find that we have accidentally collected personal data from minors, and/or if we discover that minors used our websites without the approval of their parent or guardian, we will delete their personal data as soon as Possible.
EASY LIVING does not provide Users the opportunity to publish in its places of their own content-indicative texts, images and video-or links to other websites etc.
In future case that easy living may provide users with such opportunity enabling to publish in various website’s places of their own content-indicative texts, images and video-or links to other websites, the following policies shall apply :
· This content is from the outset-and remains after its publication-the sole responsibility of the user who registered it. The user understands and accepts that this information may be published without prior review by the Website and that it reserves the right to remove in retrospect any content posted by the user.
· The user understands and accepts that using the website’s pages and services may be exposed to content that is offensive, immoral or illegal. He also understands and accepts that the Website cannot be considered as embracing or responsible for the content published by users.
· Users understand and agree that they have the following obligations regarding the content they publish on the site:
i. Not to be illegal, offensive, abusive, defamatory or racist.
ii. Do not violate the personality and personal data of third parties.
iii. Do not infringe copyright.
iv. Do not constitute a criminal offence in any way.
v. Comply with existing national, European and international legislation.
vi. In the event that a user perceives content that is contrary to the above, we encourage him to contact the company in order to report it. The content that will be designated in this way will be checked and, if necessary, removed.
vii. The evaluation of the content published by the users as well as the use of this information is the sole responsibility of the user and the Website cannot be held responsible for its accuracy and usefulness.
· We collect and process the data you provide in order to be able to post your comment as requested according to the relevant provision of article 6 (1) GDPR – [i.e. your full name, email address, year of birth and postcode]. In particular, we need your email address to contact you in case of termination of your comment and give you the opportunity to comment .
How to Contact Us